There are a lot of people who find it very stressful and tiring to travel by plane. But, if you just take some precautions, you will be able to have much more relaxed journeys & reduce your stress levels. If everything is in order, you should not have any trouble right? Going on a vacation should be as enjoyable as being on vacation.
Given below are a few tips for travelers that, if followed, will make sure you never again worry about traveling in a plane :-
1. Check the tickets immediately on receipt. Booking clerks and travel agents are human and might make mistakes as they have to deal with so many people everyday. You would rather have any problems sorted out immediately only instead of finding out that there is a problem when you are just about to get on to the plane. You should check, the date, the time of departure, your seat number and the price. It is important for you to check the price as if it shows a lower amount than what you have actually paid, you may be forced on a later date to pay the difference. You should report any discrepancies that you find with your tickets immediately to the party from which you bought them and do exactly as they tell you.
2. Always look for discounts. If you are booking hotels on your own, you should try and book them well in advance and in person. Talk directly to the manager and get rates straight from him/her. After you receive the rates, you could also inform him/her that there is no agent involved so he would not have to pay any commission and you could also offer to pay in advance for the 1st night. It is basically like a game of poker. Try to get yourself a discount of 10-20%.
3. You do not only have to worry about pickpockets and opportunist thieves anymore. There are even professional burglars at airports now. They wait to see the address written outside your box and then proceed to rob the place as they know you are not home. You could stop them by putting the address of your destination outside your box instead.
4. Plug points may be very difficult to find in some foreign locations and thus, it is best for you to take your own.
5. Airports can be very noisy places. You may sometimes have to spend some time inside the airport due to delays. At these times you might find yourself going mad because of all the sound around you. In cases like this, you could consider visiting the VIP lounge. But, not everyone is a part of the VIP lounge and if you are a part of that group then the next best alternative for you is to visit the airport chapel.
These tips are sure to make your journey a lot less stressful and your vacation a lot more fun. Find a flight today at Compare Flights.